Are there different insurance polices for flood damage and water damage?

To most people, water damage in your home is something that you will never forget. No matter if the damage is done by a flood or by something as simple as a pipe bursting underneath your kitchen sink.

To you, it all may seem like the same thing. Your home is still damaged by water and it could end up costing you a ton of money in repairs if it is not taken care of as quickly as possible.

However, most people fail to realize that there is a different insurance policy for water damage that is caused by a flood and water damage that is caused by a leaky ceiling tile.

Most homes have water damage insurance. Water damage insurance means that it covers things like a kitchen sink pipe busting or even a ceiling tile leaking rain water into your home. This is a very common insurance to have a home.

Then there is flood insurance. Flood insurance is not something that most people carry on their homes. Especially if it is not likely that their home will be flooded. However, if you live close to a river, lake, or any other large body of water, you should probably consider getting flood insurance if you don't already carry it.

If you live in a flood zone and you financed your home, the bank or branch that you financed your home through proably made sure that you carried flood insurance. You can learn more at . Or you can look online for more information about the difference between flood insurance and water damage insurance.

However, the only way to know what kind of insurance you have is to call your insurance company right away. If you would like to learn more about the different types of water damage insurance they have and the difference between the two, you can take a look at places like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *